P&G has over 150 years of lipids experience, and has invested over 30 years in developing Sefose® technology, generating over 40 patents and several in-market successes. Sefose was discovered as a result of P&G’s ongoing developmental work based on sucrose ester technology. Over its developmental lifetime, literally dozens of scientists from both within P&G and from partner organizations have contributed to the creation and refinement of Sefose. The key advantages of Sefose include:
- Higher Molecular Weight – 1900-2800 (Sefose) vs. 800-1000 (Triglyceride)
- Greater Density of Functionality – can put 8 fatty chains in “same space” as 3
- Greater Design Versatility – more reactive sites enables more modification/derivatization
- The use of all-natural ingredients in its development and processing, with materials derived from vegetable oil and sugar, results in a material that is:
- 100% biodegradeable
- The use of natural, renewable materials provide a sustainable solution versus petro-derived products
For more information on Sefose, visit www.pgsefose.com. P&G Chemicals offerings may be slightly different around the world to meet local regulations. Please consult with your Account Executive to confirm availability of products in your region.